Saturday, March 14, 2009

Fetish

It has been exactly two weeks after I entered college. We've been lining up for our attendance after celebrating mass. It was a thanksgiving for the sixty years of Marist presence in the island and as future eductaors, we had to be present. Sheine and Van separated since last names were alphabetized and split into A-L and M-Z. I was almost half-way on the line with Darren infront of me. Suddenly, Darren's high school friend, Leahn called his attention.

"Cunningham! What the hell are you doing here?" Leahn pushed. "How was Hollywood?"
"They kicked me out." Darren laughed. "Said I was overqualified. Oh, well."
"Ah, really? You are such a feeler." She pretended to laugh. "Did you know I was gonna be in American Idol? The kicked me because I was better than Celine Dion. Heck."

I faked a smile when they looked at me. I didn't quite get them, but Darren says that's how they greet each other. "We're just kidding around." Darren would always say.

"Cunningham!"

I turned around and saw him waving at us. He had clean cut, jet black hair. His skin shone under his black polo shirt that screamed all manly. Looking up at him from below gave me a tinggly feeling I always felt when I see people I admire. and by the feel of it, he became one of them.

"Jethro!" Darren waved back. "Long time no see! Come down here!"
"Why don't you go up here?" He flashed a smile.
"Leahn's already up there." I wisphered.
"Later Jet. I have clear my attendance first!" Darren waved his attendance card.
"Suit yourself." Jethro leaned on the pillar next to him.

My eyes were still pinned to him. It's as if I was frozen. He had familiar gestures and I could see he was restless. He kept on hugging the pillar. The next thing, he climed the border and swang his feet. He was like a kid. Not a moment later, his friends came to join him. I sighed. He posed with his chest out. His pinky finger ran on his lips. Not again.

"Jethro, you're being gay again!"
"Hey, Darren." I tugged him. "Is he really... gay?"
"Why don't you ask him yourself?"

"Hey Cunningham!" Jethro called. "I'm beautiful. No matter what you say."

I sighed, deeper.

1 comment:

  1. oooooooh~
    must have sucked

    BIG TIME#.#

    teka teka..
    enlighten me..am confused..
    usap nga tau sa sunod!!
    jusko=.=

    ReplyDelete