Sunday, March 8, 2009

Knock in the head

"Oh God, you're alive!"

I heard Sheine's shrill cry as the door closed. It banged open again and I caught sight of Van and Darren walking towards me.

"You got us worried man." Darren sighed. "Good thing "the teach" was MIA."
"How the hell did you fell down like that?" Van crossed his arms.
"My shoelaces." I said, almost in a whisper. "untied."

They laughed, except for Sheine.

"Dimwits!" She shouted. "River just fell off the stairs! Could you guys be more concerned!?"
"Shouting isn't allowed here."

He was dressed in entirely white armed with a stethoscope hanging from his neck. Nurses should've had their hair combed neatly in place. But his jet black locks were kind of messy, yet they look very clean.

"How are you feeling, Ms. Driscoll?" He gazed at me with his deep blue eyes.
"I was feeling fine a minute ago..." I said. "But now I feel I had a headache thanks to Van and Darren."
"Want me to kick them out?" Sheine joked.
"Van would be glad to wait outside." Van smiled.
"Hey, she was joking." Darren slpped his chest.

"Ah, Kids..."
"Heck, you're a kid yourself, Keilun." Sheine poked his waist.

He chukled as he gently put his hand in my forehead. He had a sprain bandage on.

"Your hand." I spoke.
"Oh, uh... you fell on it. Remember?"

"Hey Sheine, you know the guy?" Darren asked.
"Oh, he used to be my neighbor." Sheine answered.

"Sorry for the late introduction. My name is Keilun Simms. I just graduated from Nursing and now I'm a med student."
"On duty?" Van asked.
"Pretty much." Keilun smiled. "And also, thanks to Ms. Driscoll here, I found a wonderful specimen for my thesis report."

"Specimen?Me?" I was surprised. "Am i gonna be dissected?"
"Pretty much." He flashed his smile again. "For answers, that is."

I pouted as I took his smile. He was indeed a good-looking fella. And he's a med student. He looked smart, which I think he really was and he was kind to take care of me after the accident.

"C'mon River. Next class is about to start." Van helped me up.

I stood up and checked my clothes, my hair and made the bed.

"I guess we'll leave the dissection for now, huh?" Keilun led us out.
"Pretty much, yes."

The four of us got out of the university clinic and headed to next class. I was still thinking about Keilun. I didn't even thank him.

No comments:

Post a Comment