Sunday, March 8, 2009

Have a break

"Hey, why don't we skip class for a while?" Darren was leading our way to the cafeteria.
"Oh?" Van said, eyeing me.

I wanted to slap his face and give Darren the finger. Tell him to go to hell and get lost while he's at it.

"Hey." Sheine tapped my shoulder. "You okay? You seem to be bothered these days."
"Not bothered. Angry sounds more like it." I pouted.
"Like Riv, did something happen?" Darren asked.

I rolled my eyes. What the hell is this setting? Is he playing with me or something? Screw you Darren James Whitmore! And Van's pretending he doesn't know anything. Sheine's pretty much clueless and I'm in awe. Argh.

"So, are we going to skip class or what?" Darren began again.
"No we're not." Van said, clutching his bag. "You are clearly insane. We have a quiz for crissake."

Darren didn't wince. The way Van said it was calm and cool, unlike the impulsive miss Sheine.

"I forgot to study." I scratched my head. "Oh man, I feel like I'm loosing it."
"Eh? With your big brain you can actually pull it off!" Darrn hugged me. "Just don't forget to share it with us... You know."
"I think I'm skipping class." I said. "I don't feel so good."

I left the group and found myself going inside the library. I checked the time as I opened the door to the internet section and used a computer. For whaterver reason, I wanted to get away from Darren as far as possible. I can't say I'm entirely affected, but it does give me a feeling. And I hate it.

BUZZ!

FuRiKaKe: waa! ur onlyn!


I got a buzz message from Furikake A.K.A. Sprinkle Aerith Stryfe. Yes, her name is actually Sprinkle, and She's my and Jana's (from it ended, it begun) bestfriend. A trio to be exact. and I was surprised, excited. I haven't had a real chat with her since she migrated three years ago!

riverotter: OMG! ur onlyn too! Wts up?
FuRiKaKe: Nothn much.. juz chttn wt my relatvs^^
riverotter: gosh, I mz u! muwah!
FuriKaKe: I mz u 2! Heard u wer doin great in colej. kip it up!
riverotter: Luk who's talkin. ur doin great there 2! I wouldn't hav known f
Jana didn't tel me!^^


Having that chat with Sprinkle eased me a bit. And I was totally sad when she said she had to sleep already. How I wish it wouldn't have ended so I couldn't think of my college social life for a while. I didn't notice the next bell rang and I rushed to get out of the library.

I ran, not knowing my shoelaces were untied. I tripped. It damn hurt when I fell down the stairs and I bumped someone and dragged him down with me.

"Ow!" I yelped.
"God.." I heared him sigh in pain. "Hey, are you okay?"
I opened my eyes slowly. "My head hurts."
"Can you breathe?" He whispered.
*The breathing thing rings a bell." I groaned. "But then you are on top of me cutting off my airsupply."
He giggled.
"Why are you still on top of me?"
"That's a very good question." He smiled. "Now let's get you up."
"You smell like pineapple airfresheners." I fainted.
"I get that a lot."





*credits to the movie The Wedding Planner for the scene.^^

1 comment: