Sunday, March 8, 2009

Words

Not long after my fall I've been going through the clinic pavement a lot. I wanted to see Keilun again. I've been thinking much about him lately and I guess it's not only that I want to see him. I've been attracted to him.





"You're early." Van called. He was sitting near the dean's office with papers on the desk.

"Homework?" I said as I raised a piece of paper.



He didn't respond and I took it as a permission for me to read what he had written. I sat down quitely and looked at him scribble in another peice of paper. I began reading the paper I held.



I am the master of my soul;

I am the captain of my faith.



Invictus. I looked at him.



"You can have it." He said, gathering his stuff. " Van's got lots of them at home."

"Poetry?"

"Van's faves Emily Dickinson actually."

"Why is Van referring to himself in the third person?" I asked.

"He's an idiot." He sneezed after that.

"They say idiots can't catch a cold." I laughed. "But morons can."

"Van's a moron then." He stood up.



He disappeared from my sight and I was still holding on to the paper. I flipped it.




Hey River, if you must know, I feed myself with nose bleedingly,
nonsensical rhetorics and I'm glad you can keep up with my impossible attitude
of being cold to people.

some factoids about me: I'm cyber-ignorant. I don't use the internet that
much and the hell I care. I'm in love with words. J.K Rowling is my God.

I raised a brow. What the hell is he trying to do? He can talk to me if he wants to.



The next day, I found him again on the same spot, doing the same things, giving another paper with flowering words. This went on for more than a week, then finally it stopped. One English class though, he slipped a piece of paper between my fingers. and I was out the room when I decided to keep it.



I want to tell you something. I put my trust in you. Will you be my secret keeper?



"Love notes?" an unfamiliar whisper knocked on my conciousness. I turned around and saw Keilun beside me. I didn't respond quickly.



"Are you still up for that dissection we were talking about weeks ago?" He broke the awkward silence.

"I-I guess."

He smiled. "Clinic, Friday. I'll be there the whole day."



He already entered the room but the smell of his presence still lingered on me for minutes. A poke came from behind. Van.



"What do you say?"

"huh?"

"The favor. you know." he said.

"Oh yeah. I'll do it." I smiled. "You can trust me."

1 comment:

  1. omo~

    everyones creeping me out!!

    wth's wrong with van????
    and omgee..keilun?
    what is he?

    and yes..i asked WHAT~

    ReplyDelete